Literacy Mission hikes honorarium to employees

Thursday, Sep 18, 2014,20:08 IST By metro vaartha A A A

The Kerala Literacy Mission has decided to give additional honorarium of 40 per cent to those working in continuing education centres of the Mission from this month.    The decision was taken a high-level meeting chaired by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, an official press release said here.
The meeting also took a decision on a new salary scale and other emoluments for the employees in the centres.
The government, when came to power, had decided to give an 100 per cent increase in their honorarium but that was fixed at 60 per cent and the amount was given to them before Onam festival.  It has been decided to give the rest 40 per cent from the fund of Literacy Mission from this month.
The meeting also decided to enhance the project Athulyam aimed at providing primary education. The meeting has also requested the support of all to get the status of the first state in India that gives primary education to all.

Latest News