Mumbai | Father-daughter duo Mahesh and Pooja Bhatt today mourned the death of costume designer Isha Mantry, who died allegedly due to drug overdose in Goa. Mantry, 28, who worked on films like Priyanka Chopara starrer ‘Mary Kom’, medical thriller ‘Ankur Arora Murder Case’, ‘Dangerous Ishq’ and ‘Hate Story 2′ was brought dead on December 29 at a hospital.
She was in Goa to participate at a recently concluded electronic dance music event. Amusing yourself to death! Do you know that when Isha Mantry our designer dropped to the dance floor and died, the music did not stop? Tragic!, Mahesh posted on Twitter. Pooja too condemned the music festival and wrote, Isha Mantry I can’t believe you have left us so early.
You with the dancing eyes and shy smile! Why my love? WHY?… What appals me is the damn music did not stop at EDM even after Isha’s body was carried off the floor. Are we that blase? That brain dead? The ‘Jism 2′ director called on youngsters to not to take drugs. Stick to alcohol if you must guys! Smoke a damn joint! But for God’s sake, leave the chemicals BEHIND. Life is too damn precious (sic), she tweeted. Actress Richa Chadha tweeted, RIP Isha. Gone too soon. Heartbreaking news this morning.
Doctors awaiting viscera report
Panaji | The doctors at the government-run Goa Medical College and Hospital have reserved opinion on the cause of death of Isha Mantry, a Mumbai-based fashion designer. The panel of four doctors who conducted autopsy said the opinion was reserved as results of chemical analysis of viscera and hysto-pathological examination were awaited.
We are waiting for the final report…doctors have reserved their opinion, said the Superintendent of Police (North) Priyanka Kashyap, who is heading the investigation team, today. Mantry (28), who has worked for Bollywood films such as like ‘Mary Kom’, ‘Ankur Arora Murder Case’, ‘Dangerous Ishq’ and ‘Hate Story 2′,was brought dead to a private hospital on December 29 from the venue of Supersonic Electronic Dance Music Festival.
Police said the autopsy was conducted after her parents, who arrived here yesterday, gave their consent, and the body was handed over to them afterwards. The initial reports suggested that she died due to drug overdose, while her friends told the police in their statements that she had had excess alcohol.
Subscribe to our email newsletter.