NCC probe begins into cadet’s death

Thursday, Aug 13, 2015,22:28 IST By metro vaartha A A A

Kozhikode | A three-member Board of Inquiry today opened its probe into the death of an NCC boy cadet from a bullet injury suffered during firearms training at an NCC camp here on August 11. The inquiry team is headed by Brigadier Rajnish Mishra from Mumbai while Colonel Ashwin from Kollam and Colonel Chaudhury from Karnataka are the other members.
We have just now started our work. We will look into all angles, Mishra told reporters here. Asked if any time limit had been fixed for the completion of the probe, Mishra said, There is no time limit, but we will try to finish it within 10-15 days.
Nineteen-year-old Dhanush Krishna, a second-year B.Sc student, was resting after lunch at the National Cadet Corps Firing Range at the West Hill Army barracks when his rifle accidentally went off and the bullet hit him in the chest.
The cadet was immediately rushed to a hospital but died without responding to treatment. A post-mortem was conducted yesterday by a team led by Dr Thomas Mathew, the head of the forensic science department at Kozhikode Medical College, following which Krishna’s body was handed over to his relatives.

Latest News