Student from Kerala electrocuted

Monday, Dec 21, 2015,21:53 IST By metro vaartha A A A

Coimbatore | A 19-year old student was electrocuted today after he came into contact with immersion heater in a water-filled bucket in Sulur on the outskirts.
Dinesh, hailing from Thrissur in Kerala and doing his second year diploma course in a private polytechnic, dipped his immersion heater in the bucket and returned after some time and put his fingers in it to check whether water has become hot, police said.
He was thrown down due to electricity passing through water and in the melee the hot water fell on him, resulting in additional current passing on his body.
Hearing his cries, room mates rushed to the bathroom and removed him, after switching off the power and took to a nearby private hospital.
After first aid, he was brought to a corporate hospital in the city, where he was declared brought dead, police said.

Latest News

Army foils infiltration bid in Poonch

Friday, Oct 21 , 2016 ,16:04 IST