Food & Agri

Four die after consuming wild mushroom

Tuesday, Apr 12, 2016,17:19 IST By Metrovaartha A A A

Shillong | At least four persons including two minors died and seven others were hospitalised after eating wild mushroom near their home in Meghalaya’s East Khasi Hills District, officials today said. All are from the same family hailing from Mawsawa village near Mawsynram (Sohra), they said.

The district officials said soon after consuming the wild mushroom collected from a nearby jungle, all members of the family were rushed to the hospital when they started vomiting. Drisda Rapthap, her two children  a one year old and Iainehskhem Rapthap (7) and her brother in-law Ioki Dewkhaid (29) died, while her husband Synsharlang Dewkhaid, his mother and five other children were shifted to the Shillong Civil Hospital and Ganesh Das Hospital in critical condition, they said.

We have immediately sent a team to the village to conduct an inquiry into the incident, East Khasi Hills District Deputy Commissioner P S Dkhar told the PTI here. He said the magistrate has been asked to submit the report on the matter at the earliest.

Latest News