Kuala Lumpur | A 25-year-old Malaysian woman has sustained 60 per cent burn injuries after a fire broke out when she used her mobile at a petrol station here. The woman was using her mobile while filling petrol in the car in Setapak Indah when the accident occurred.
A spark ignited from the pump and triggered a reaction with her handphone, said Kuala Lumpur Fire and Rescue Department operations chief Samsol Maarif Saibani.
Numerous signs are posted at petrol stations warning customers against using their handphone there, especially when filling up petrol as it could trigger a fire.
Subscribe to our email newsletter.