FLASH NEWS
Latest News

Iran warns Saudi prince for bringing ‘battle’ to Iran remark

Monday, May 8, 2017,13:51 IST By metrovaartha A A A

Tehran | Iran’s defense minister has lashed back at Saudi Arabia, slamming the kingdom’s deputy crown prince over comments last week underscoring the deep rivalries between the Sunni and Shiite power.
Prince Mohammed bin Salman had said there is no space for dialogue with rival Iran due to its Shiite ambitions “to control the Islamic world.” He said the Saudis would not sit and wait for war but would “work so that it becomes a battle for them in Iran and not in Saudi Arabia.” Iran’s defense minister, Gen. Hossein Dehghan, says that Iran would advise against “such a stupidity” because in that case, nothing would be “left in Saudi Arabia except Mecca and Medina,” the two holy cities.
Dehghan spoke to Al-Manar TV, owned by the Lebanese Shiite militant Hezbollah group.

Latest News